Faruk Ahmed, the founder of Memorila, became a millionaire through the knowledge of website development he acquired while sitting out the 2009 industrial strike action by the Academic Staff Union of Universities in Nigeria. Learn how to design and host websites with him.
I have developed many websites for self and clients. Memorila where you are probably reading this message from is one. Some of my popular clients’ websites include African Newspage, HausaTrust, NFNVnigeria and HausaFocus.
How can one become a website developer?
There are some basic information and communication technology (ICT) skills knowledge you need to have to be able to design a website. These include:
- Word processing. That is how to use Microsoft Word to type and edit text.
- Graphics. You will need to minimally know how to create some graphics using software like CorelDraw and Adobe Photoshop.
- html basics. You will also need to have basic knowledge of how to create websites using html.
- Database basics. You need to have basic knowledge on how create and handle mysql databases.
- CSS basics. You will need to have a basic knowledge on how to style your website.
- php basics. Having a basic knowledge of php will do you a good deal if you want to become web developer.
- File handling. Knowing how to move files from a local server to the live server, and more.
The icing on the cake: WordPress
These days, most people create their websites using WordPress, the self-hosted or free-host type. The free-hosted type is free (as you can see from the name). But it has its many downsides. Hence, I am going to teach how to create websites using the hosted type.
But learning WordPress alone without the disciplines I enumerated above will leave you with a limited understanding of website development. Any bump you encounter along the road will leave you running around, cap in hand, looking for help.
What do you benefit from website development?
Some of the benefits you get from the knowledge of website development are enumerated below:
- Become your own boss.
- Work from anywhere and anytime
- You can set your own fees.
- You can create websites for clients and self. Your own site could turn you into a millionaire
- ICT skills are hot cake. You could get funding easily from sponsors like Tony Elumelu and other venture capitalists.
Many people, including Nigerians, have found financial freedom through ICT skills. People such as Mack Zuckerberg of Facebook and even Linda Ikeji of lindaikejisblog.com are billionaires today for their knowledge on ICT.
Some of the skills I will coach you on
Enumerated below are some of the skills I will coach you on when you register for myICTcollege website development course.
- How to choose a befitting domain name and register it. And where to get good registrars.
- Where to find good hosting companies and how to host your website.
- How to design and launch websites using WordPress, the most popular content management system.
- Website development basics: html, php, mysql and css.
- Graphics basic: CorelDraw and Adobe Photoshop.
- Where to get beautiful logos for yourself and clients.
- How to get cool and premium themes for your websites.
- Top 20 directories I use when developing sites.
- Top 50 plugins you must install on your WordPress site to secure and improve its functionality.
- What subject line should your website take?
- How to make money from your website?
- How do you make money from website development?
- How do you charge for a website project?
Why am I qualified to coach you?
I have been in the ICT world for the past 20 years and active in the internet sphere for more than 10 years. I have erred, made mistakes and triumphed.
You don’t need to make the same mistakes as I did back then. There are things that worked when I was starting out. And there are those things that did not clicked. They were just wastes of time.
But there are businesses you will do which might not take you much time to accomplish and you rake home good money.
These are the kind of businesses and skills I want to teach you.
There is a cliché that says “Experience is the best teacher.” I have a badge of more than 20 years experience in the ICT world.
In addition, starting from 2012, my dad’s company, InfoSource Technologies, was commissioned by the Kano State Secondary Schools Management Board (KSSSMB) to train its teachers and students on computer appreciation. We worked assiduously to train more than 2,000 teachers and students up to the year 2015.
Mode of study
As you must have realised, this website development course will online based. The course will be streamlined from the basic to the advanced so that your understanding will be amplified. And most of the course are full of practical, with less theory and exercises given along as you progress.
Course materials with relevant software needed to become good in website development will be given to you as your study progresses.
Duration of study
The website development course at myICTcollege last for six months, starting from June 1, 2020. Registration is ongoing for intending
Register Now by clicking on the Add to Cart above.
40-day money back policy
I know we live in the era of internet frauds and quack specialists. To guarantee you, we are giving a 40-day money back policy. If within the first 40 days, starting from June 1, 2020, you realise that what you are being taught is of no value, just email firstname.lastname@example.org with your ORDER NUMBER, and I guarantee you that we will refund in full at the expiration of the 40th day.
My name is Faruk Ahmed. ICT has been my bread and butter for the past 20 years. It could also launch you to the next level. Take action now. Click on the Add to Cart button above.