- “Education is the most powerful weapon” – Nelson Mandela
- ‘You make a life by what you give’ – Winston Churchill | #MondayQuotes
- ‘A dull person with power is the most dangerous person’ – Kashim Shettima | #MondayQuotes
- William Feather: “Success means hanging on after others have let go”
- Make your life inspiring – Lorrin L Lee | #MondayQuote
- ‘All prayers and no work is dead end’ – Michael Afenfia | #MondayQuotes
- ‘Crazy people change the world’ – Steve Jobs | #MondayQuotes
- Do not train a child to learn by force – Plato | #MondayQuotes
- Opportunity comes through the back door – Napoleon Hill
- “Hausa man must change his thinking or live to cry” – Muhammadu Sanusi II | #MondayQuotes
- “If you don’t give up, you will eventually succeed” – Alborz Fallah | #MondayQuotes
- “To be successful, have your heart in your business” – Thomas Watson | #MondayQuotes
- “Secret of success: know something nobody else knows” – Aristotle Onassis
- “Thinking differently brings progressive results” – Adlai Stevenson II
- Dream and it will become reality – William Arthur Ward | #MondayQuotes
- Your mind determines your limit – Henry Ford | #MondayQuotes
- If you want to progress, forgive yourself and move on – Steve Jobs | #MondayQuotes
- “Your determination determines your success” – Tommy Lasorda | #MondayQuotes
- “A life without love is like a dead flower” – Oscar Wilde | #MondayQuotes
- “It is always the simple that produces the marvelous.” – Amelia Barr
- ‘No one can make you feel inferior without your consent’ – Eleanor Roosevelt | #MondayQuotes
- “Thinking is the hardest work there is” – Henry Ford
- “A person can change his future by merely changing his attitude” – Oprah Winfrey
- “If you aren’t great at something, do more of what you’re great at” – Jason Lemkin
“The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude” – Oprah Winfrey
MondayQuotes: “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude” – Oprah Winfrey
Oprah Gail Winfrey born on January 29, 1954, is an American talk show host, actress, television producer, media executive, and philanthropist. She is best known for her talk show, The Oprah Winfrey Show, broadcast from Chicago, which was the highest-rated television program of its kind in history and ran in national syndication for 25 years from 1986 to 2011.
Dubbed the “Queen of All Media”, Winfrey was the richest African American of the 20th century and North America’s first black multi-billionaire, and she has been ranked the greatest black philanthropist in American history. By 2007, she was sometimes ranked as the most influential woman in the world.
Winfrey was born into poverty in rural Mississippi to a teenage single mother and later raised in inner-city Milwaukee. She has stated that she was molested during her childhood and early teens and became pregnant at 14; her son was born prematurely and died in infancy.
Winfrey was then sent to live with the man she calls her father, Vernon Winfrey, a barber in Tennessee, and landed a job in radio while still in high school. By 19, she was a co-anchor for the local evening news.
Winfrey’s often emotional, extemporaneous delivery eventually led to her transfer to the daytime talk show arena, and after boosting a third-rated local Chicago talk show to first place, she launched her own production company and became internationally syndicated.
Credited with creating a more intimate, confessional form of media communication, Winfrey popularized and revolutionized the tabloid talk show genre pioneered by Phil Donahue.
In 1994, she was inducted into the National Women’s Hall of Fame.
By the mid-1990s, Winfrey had reinvented her show with a focus on literature, self-improvement, mindfulness, and spirituality. Though she was criticized for unleashing a confession culture, promoting controversial self-help ideas, and having an emotion-centered approach, she has also been praised for overcoming adversity to become a benefactor to others.
Winfrey had also emerged as a political force in the 2008 presidential race, with her endorsement of Barack Obama being estimated to have been worth about one million votes during the 2008 Democratic primaries.
In 2013, Winfrey was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Obama and honorary doctorate degrees from Duke and Harvard.
In 2008, she formed her own network, Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN).
Winfrey has won many accolades throughout her career which includes 18 Daytime Emmy Awards, including the Lifetime Achievement Award and the Chairman’s Award, 2 Primetime Emmy Awards, including the Bob Hope Humanitarian Award, a Tony Award, a Peabody Award and the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award, awarded by the Academy Awards and two additional Academy Award nominations.
Biography source: Wikipedia
Photo source: Guim