- EDD 101: How to download a product from Memorila estore
- How ASUU strike made me a millionaire through website development
- Gmail 103: How to force Gmail to fetch mails from your customised email
- How I secure my WordPress websites after being hacked twice
- Top 10 best web hosting services: our review criteria
This tutorial shows how to force Gmail to fetch mails from your customized email address into your Gmail account, if it hasn’t fetched them yet
Long ago I installed MailMunch on my website to collect visitors’ emails subscriptions. MailMunch is one of the best plugins used in WordPress websites to collect emails subscriptions from sites’ visitors.
As it is with most web applications, you have to register with an email address. But mind you, MailMunch do not deal with free emails such as those offered by Gmail, Yahoomail, MSN, Live, and so on.
You must use a customized email address, one based on the domain name you installed the plugin on. For example, [email protected] is based on the domain name memorila.com.
It got to a stage whereby I needed to confirm my email address. So, MailMunch sent the confirmation mail to my inbox.
Normally, I should see this ‘Confirmation mail’ in my Gmail inbox, since I have linked my customized email account ([email protected]) to my Gmail.
Let me digress. In my previous tutorial, I showed you how to link your customized email addresses to your Gmail accounts so that you can read and send mails from Gmail using your customized email address (email address based on your domain name).
Now back to our discussion! MailMunch sent the confirmation message but I didn’t receive it right away. It wasn’t sent to my spam, social or promotion folders.
So, what happened?
Why is there delay before customized emails land into Gmail?
Normally, Gmail bots regularly search through linked customized email addresses to check if there are new emails to fetch. The frequency at which they check is based on the frequency at which you get emails in the account. This could be minutes or hours.
Once they search, if there are new emails they fetch. If not, they fetch nothing and come back in the next few hours or minutes to search again.
What happened in my case?
That is exactly what happened when I couldn’t see the MailMunch email. The time Gmail will sweep through my customized email account has not yet reached.
So what do I do? Sit and wait? No way!
How to manually make Gmail fetch mails from your customized email address?
This is what I did. You too can copy me.
- Log into your Gmail account using a laptop.
- Locate and click on the gear button (Setting) at the top right of your screen.
- From the dropdown menu, click on Settings.
- In the Settings page, click on the Accounts and Imports tab, and scroll down to the Check mail from other account section.
- There you will see the accounts Gmail is fetching emails from and number of minutes it last checked them.
- Next, click on the Check mail now link. Wait for a while it processes your command
- If there are mails in your account, Gmail will show you the numbers of mails fetch (In my case, it fetched only one).
- When I checked back in my inbox, I saw the MailMunch confirm email staring at me.
That is how you force Gmail to fetch mails from your customized email account. And that is all from me today.
I’m signing out. Talk to you soon.
In the meantime, if you have any ICT issue or question, feel free to use the comment section below.
Or if you want me, you can let me personally coach you on website development.