This Dream, a poem by Aliyyu abalHasan | #PoeticFriday
- Why don’t we start acting? a poem by Hamamatu Ya’u | #PoeticFriday
- Dear Mother, a poem by Muhammad Auwal Ibrahim | PoeticFriday
- Overdue –a poem by Ubaji Isiaka Abubakar Eazy | #PoeticFriday
- Umbrella & Broom, a poem by Mujahyd Ameen Lilo | #PoeticFriday
- This Dream, a poem by Aliyyu abalHasan | #PoeticFriday
- Death is diaspora, a poem by Femi Morgan | #PoeticFriday
- A Glowing Kano, a poem for Muhamadu Sunusi II by Mujahid Ameen Lilo
- What has Bello not done? A poem by Ubaji Isiaka Abubakar Eazy
Last Updated on August 23, 2019 by Memorila
In This Dream, Aliyyu abalHasan eulogized the meteoric rise of Mujahyd Ameen Lilo, climaxing with the recent scooping of Wole Soyinka’s award
For Mujahyd Ameen Lilo*
Off the ocean of books.
It rises, amasses
In the northern sky.
Cumulus of words
s of wits.
Passion pushes it and
To the southern sky.
Then it rains.
Creativity flashes. Victory thunders.
And the rainbow of trophies
In our skies.
© Aliyu abdalHasan. Presented at the ANA Kano Creative Writers’ Forum, July 2019
* Mujahid is the winner of Wole Soyinka International Cultural Exchange Project Essay Competition for the North West of Nigeria.