- Why don’t we start acting? a poem by Hamamatu Ya’u | #PoeticFriday
- Dear Mother, a poem by Muhammad Auwal Ibrahim | PoeticFriday
- Overdue –a poem by Ubaji Isiaka Abubakar Eazy | #PoeticFriday
- Umbrella & Broom, a poem by Mujahyd Ameen Lilo | #PoeticFriday
- This Dream, a poem by Aliyyu abalHasan | #PoeticFriday
In This Dream, Aliyyu abalHasan eulogized the meteoric rise of Mujahyd Ameen Lilo, climaxing with the recent scooping of Wole Soyinka’s award
For Mujahyd Ameen Lilo*
Off the ocean of books.
It rises, amasses
In the northern sky.
Cumulus of words
s of wits.
Passion pushes it and
To the southern sky.
Then it rains.
Creativity flashes. Victory thunders.
And the rainbow of trophies
In our skies.
© Aliyu abdalHasan. Presented at the ANA Kano Creative Writers’ Forum, July 2019