Welcome to another exciting My Kitchen experience. In this edition, I will show you how to prepare so many sauces including white, apple and golden sauces.
Butter – lo2
Flour – lo3
Milk – ½ pint
- Melt butter, stir in flour using a wooden spoon.
- Cook over a gentle heat for 3 minutes without stirring all the time.
- Remove from heat and gradually pour in half of the milk.
- Then stir hard until well blended.
- Return to heat, cook slowly until sauce thickens, stirring all the time.
- Then season.
- Simmer peeled thoroughly slicked.
- Cook apple in water with sugar to taste.
- Sieve or emulsify until a smooth sauce.
- A knob of butter improves the texture and the sauce can be flavoured with grated orange rind, sultans or mixed spices.
Egg York – 3
Caster sugar – lo3
Apricot – 3 tablespoons
Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Blend egg york and sugar. Slowly stir in apricot juice and lemon juice in a basin over and murry water.
- Whisk until light and foamy.
Mackerel fish (flaked) – 3 medium
Fresh tomatoes (blended and boiled) – 6 large
Fresh pepper (blended and boiled) – 4 medium size
Tatashe (blended and boiled) – 4 medium size
Onion (blended and boiled) – 2 medium size
Carrots (diced) – 2 cups
Green beans (chopped) – 2 cups
Vegetable oil – 3 cooking spoon
Garlic (chopped) – 4 cloves
Curry/thyme – ½ tablespoon
Fish stock – 2 cups
Maggi cubes – 1
Salt to taste
- In a clean sauce pan, heat the oil and fry garlic, ginger and onion slices for 2 minutes.
- Add the blended peppers tomatoes, curry, onions, tattashe, tomato purre, thyme, maggi to fry for 8 minutes.
- Add the carrots, green beans, fish and fish stock. Stir well.
- Taste and add salt. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.